KCHU is the only 501 (c)(3) community supported radio station for Prince William Sound and the Copper River Valley. Our listeners are spread throughout a vast listening area of 45,000 square miles. As the only AM transmitting station in Valdez, your message reaches beyond the shores of Valdez, Cordova, Tatitlek, Chenega Bay, Whittier, Glennallen and McCarthy to the many vessels in Prince William Sound.
Underwriting is an opportunity for YOU to actively and publicly support KCHU public radio. Our listeners are a well-traveled and well-educated audience. Because KCHU in Valdez is an AM station, it reaches locations FM stations cannot. To complete our coverage we are FM in Cordova, Tatitlek, Whittier, Glennallen and McCarthy. We appreciate our underwriters and take every opportunity to thank them for keeping public radio viable in our region. Click here to see our current Underwriters.
BENEFITS: When you choose to underwrite with KCHU you take an active role in furthering the success of the only non-profit community public radio in Prince William Sound and the Copper River Valley as well as the success of your business.
- Increase Your Visibility and Brand. Underwriting provides you with a high profile among KCHUs loyal, engaged, and well-informed audience.
- Effective Communication. Your message will be heard in an uncluttered media environment. Public radio listeners appreciate the non-commercial language and are less likely to tune out than commercial radio audiences. The reputation of public broadcasting sets your message apart and enhances your visibility with an audience that expects quality programming and services.
- Strengthen your image. Demonstrate your association with and support of KCHU’s commitment to the community, education, and public service. According to NPR studies, 80% of listeners agree that their opinion of a company is more positive when they discover it supports public radio and other non-profits.
- Improve Your Bottom Line. Underwriting is a smart, cost-efficient, and effective use of marketing and public relations dollars. Your underwriting dollars are tax-deductible as permitted by law for 501(c)3 nonprofit organizations.
- Your message will be distributed throughout a 45,000 square mile area. With three repeater stations and four translators, KCHU’s broadcast range is the largest in the region.
TYPES OF UNDERWRITING
General Underwriting: A 15 second spot with a maximum of 40 words voiced by one of our professional staff. The spot will air run of schedule throughout our programming at least 3 times daily.
Program Specific Underwriting: A 15 second spot in support of a specific program. We have underwriter spots available for Car Talk on Saturdays, the Avalanche Snow Condition Reports which will air Thurs-Sun throughout the 2014-15 Winter Season as well as many popular programs. Please contact us for a complete list. As an added benefit, fans of these programs identify your business favorably as a supporter of content they love!
FCC GUIDELINES: FCC policy requires that underwriting announcement exist to identify, but not promote a sponsor’s business or organization.
Announcements may NOT include the following:
- Calls to Action (“call, stop by, invite, join, come” or phrases prompting action)
- References to price (“free, on sale…” or the actual price)
- Superlatives (“best, greatest, most reliable, more…” or other qualitative descriptors)
- Inducements to buy, rent, sell, or lease (“discounts, complementary…”)
- Comparative language however factual (award-winning, board-certified, top rated…”)
- Adjectives (“cozy, stellar, lovely, happy…”)
Please see KCHU’s Underwriting Guidelines for further details and clarification. Download our Underwriting Policy in a PDF format.
For more information contact KCHU’s Development Team
*Please note that firstname.lastname@example.org is temporarily not operable & is under construction.
Call us anytime at 907-835-4665