Comments OffPosted in UncategorizedOct 7, 2014
Woo hoo! Providence and KCHU!
Lisa Driver with Providence Valdez Counseling Center stopped by the KCHU studio to record a public service announcement about National Depression Screening Day. After her recording Karen Allred waylaid Lisa to talk with her in the booth. Thanks Lisa for not being microphone shy! As her reward Karen played Lisa’s request for “September” by Earth, Wind, and Fire. Lisa tells us she attended a concert, met them, and got her picture taken with them! Karen says she is very jealous and that being in the production booth with Lisa is as close as she is going to get to Earth, Wind, and Fire. You too, can get your request played, just call 835-5080 and make a pledge or donation!
You can also donate/purchase a membership, and get a great new design KCHU tee-shirt from the KCHU Facebook site. Just click the Donate/Purchase tab at the top and it will guide you through the process. If you would like something other than a tee-shirt, you can see all the great incentives at www.kchu.org by holding your mouse over the Donate tab at the top of the page and click on KCHU SCHWAG and MORE GREAT INCENTIVES FOR DONATIONS. You can make a donation of any amount, including a monthly donation, by clicking the large, red Donate button to the right of the front page at www.kchu.org
Comments OffPosted in UncategorizedOct 5, 2014
I just updated the incentives on the website. You can see all the great choices by going to www.kchu.org, hold your mouse over the Donate tab at the top of the page, and click on KCHU SCHWAG and/or MORE GREAT INCENTIVES. A personal sauna will be added tomorrow! Johnny will be taking calls into this evening at 835-5080.
By request, here is Sue’s recipe for the crock pot corn chowder. Looks like there will be a little bit left for lunch tomorrow
(and I bet will be even better after having soaked in all the flavors overnight).
1 package frozen corn
1 package frozen Southwest seasoned hashbrowns
1 box sliced mushrooms
1/2 jar roasted red peppers with liquid
1/2 stick butter
1 pint whipping cream
scallions and salt and pepper to taste
Have a great evening.
Comments OffPosted in UncategorizedOct 4, 2014
On this rainy day in Valdez, the 5th day of the KCHU Fall Membership/Fund Drive, we have LOTS of different challenges going on!
Cordova Challenge: An anonymous benefactor will donate an additional $10 for every donation/pledge from every person in Cordova from now until 6pm tonight.
Valdez Challenge: Nancy Lethcoe will donate an additional $10 for every donation/pledge from every person in Valdez from now until 6pm tonight.
KCHU Board of Director’s Challenge: KCHU BOD is matching all donations from now until the end of the drive on Tuesday, October 7th up to $1,050!
Alyeska Challenge: Local Alyeska will match all donations through end of drive up to $500. AND Alyeska Corporate Matching Gift Plan will match an Alyeska employee donation at any time of the year with a minimum of a $25 donation and up to a maximum of $2,000 per employee!
You can donate/pledge by calling 835-5080!
Comments OffPosted in UncategorizedOct 4, 2014
KCHU is thrilled to have Andres Morales in the studio! Mr. Morales is the SERVS Director for Alyeska. He is in the studio to talk about the Alyeska Challenge.
Local Alyeska has put up $500 as a challenge to all the KCHU listeners out there!
All pledges and donations that come in from 3pm today (Friday), through end of the drive on Tuesday, October 7th, will be matched by the local Alyeska up to $500, effectively doubling the value of the individual’s donation!
Also, for Alyeska employees, not only does the local Alyeska match your donation in this challenge, the corporate Alyeska matches employee donations all year long, with a minimum of a $25 donation and up to a maximum of $2,000. So, that means if you go online and make a donation, or if you call 835-5080 by end of day Tuesday, October 7th, your donation leverages funding from Alyeska to effectively triple the dollar amount being donated to KCHU!
Comments OffPosted in UncategorizedOct 3, 2014
Hoorah for PFD! Karen and the staff at KCHU wished all our listeners a happy PFD Day yesterday! We hope you will consider giving some of that “chunk of change” as a donation to KCHU during our membership drive. This Fall membership drive will run through Tuesday, October 7th. This is an exciting Fall drive for KCHU and we would love to hear from our members! We have worked to create a number of ways to make donating to KCHU easier:
- 1. You can now go to www.kchu.org, and click the big red donate button on the right side. That will take you through a page of information and then to the page to enter your donation information.
- We now have an option to have an autopay from your card monthly! There is no additional fee to you. Just $10 a month (or more if you choose) will keep your membership active and will give $120/year of support to KCHU! Or just click the one-time donation and choose an amount. NOTE: If you enter your own amount rather than clicking a pre-written one, you MUST NOT PUT A $ SIGN IN FRONT OF THE AMOUNT or the computer will just sit and spin.
2. You can also go to https://www.facebook.com/kchupublicradio , click on the Donate/Shop tab at the top, and you are given a choice to pay membership dues and/or order a tee shirt.
3. You can call 835-5080 or 800-835-5080 or 835-4665 and give your pledge and we will mail you a pledge reminder, or give your credit card information and we will be happy to process it and then destroy your card information.
4. You can drop by the studio/office at 128 Pioneer in Valdez and fill out a pledge form, drop off a check, or give us your card information.
5. If you already have an auto-pay system set up on your checking account, you can simply notify your bank to add KCHU to that list. Our mailing address is PO Box 467, Valdez, AK 99686.
We hope these new options make it easier to show your support of KCHU.